Word-in-My-Heart Wednesday - 1 John 5:14-15

When you visit The Good Woman on the first and third Wednesdays of the month now, you will find a regular post called Word-in-My-Heart-Wednesday. Every first and third Wednesday of the month I will post a verse from Scripture in marquee-style at the very top of the page (like you have been seeing recently). It will remain there for two weeks for the purpose of your committing the verse to memory (if you so desire).

I decided to do this because I found that I was memorizing the verse I had posted at the top of the page just by reading it each time I worked on this blog. If you are a regular visitor, this should work for you also. So before you do any other reading, take the time to meditate on the verse for a minute or two. Since it is in a marquee, you can recite each section of the verse before it appears on the screen and then check yourself as it scrolls by to see if you were right.

In order to retain the verses you've learned you will need to review. This is the only way you will not forget them. This takes very little time. Just reciting the verse once or twice as it scrolls by on the screen is enough review for a verse you already have fixed in your mind. Do this daily for several months and then less often.

In order for you to review, the verses will be archived with just one short phrase from the verse (in the sidebar) to prompt you. Click on the phrase on the sidebar and the verse will pop up in a marquee. Review older verses after you have worked on your current verse.

The first verse of what hopefully will by dozens that you will commit to memory is 1 John 5:14-15. It is now scrolling at the top of the page. The verse will also be posted on the sidebar under "Word-in-My-Heart Wednesday". You can see it there now. After the verse changes in 2 weeks go to the sidebar and click on "This is the confidence" in order to review 1 John 5:14-15. All the verses I post for memory on Wednesdays will be listed there. Just click on the one you want to review.

If you have any questions please email me (find my email at the sidebar.

Comments

  1. Hi Sharon,
    I really like what you are doing by encouraging us to learn verses to hid in our heart. I used to be very good at memorizing verses as a child. I am going to ask God to help me to be diligent about this.
    Love you,
    Arlene

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts