Tidy Tip Tuesday - Cheese Whiz!

Just the other day, after practically forty-five years in the kitchen, I figured out how to grate cheese in a proficient, tidy way. I am wondering why it took me so long to figure it out. It really is a no-brainer and all of you have probably already been doing this for years. But just in case you are still grating cheese on the cutting board or even into a bowl, I will post this tip that hopefully save you some clean-up and a little bit of time.

1. When you grate cheese, first of all use a standing cheese grater like the one in the photo.

2. Instead of grating the cheese onto a cutting board or into a bowl, grate it into a gallon zipper baggie. Grate as much or as little as you want.

3. After you have removed what you need from the baggie, put what remains of the block of cheese into the same gallon bag (with the grated cheese) and put the bag into the frig. There's no mess to clean up and you've saved yourself some time.

Now tell me, is that not a no-brainer? Do you have any of these types of tips you could share here on Tidy Tip Tuesday? If you would send a tip or two, we could all help each other and our lives would be just a little easier.

Comments

  1. Wow, that is a no brainer! Thanks Mom, that'll save me some time & a mess!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love Tidy Tip Tuesday! That's a great idea Sharon!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a great idea!! Thanks for sharing that with us, can't wait to use it. I always make such a mess. :) BTW, I love your blog and am working my way through looking up your recipes, they sound so delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts