Tidy Tip Tuesday - Sheets and Eggs - Neat as a Pin

The response that came in regarding last week's Tidy Tip Tuesday was quite surprising. Since there have hardly ever been any comments concerning Tickle Bone Tuesday, I have decided to make the switch. From now on, when you visit on Tuesdays, Lord willing, there will be a post for a handy tip that relates to the domestic realm.

Please, please, please send me your tips and I will post the tip and your first name (if you wish). Eventually, I will make this a "carnival" post, like Menu Plan Monday, where you can leave a link to your blog or website with your own tidy tip offering. As the hostess of the carnival, all the links would be posted on this blog. You could visit here and find dozens, perhaps eventually, even hundreds of tips. More about that later.

For now, I will leave you with 2 tips:
The first tip was sent to me in a comment from Chone. She said concerning the "fitted-sheet video" from last Tuesday, "Cool! This is exactly how I fold my fitted sheets. I saw this in my Martha Stewart's Good Things for Organizing book. It really helps to keep them folded this way. Also, just another tip, to keep all the matching linens together I put the pillow case(s), sheets (flat & fitted) into one of the pillow cases. That way when it's time to change the linens I don't have to look around for the matching sheets. Lookin' forward to more Tidy Tips from you!"

Isn't Chone's idea great? I am going to start doing that right away! Thank you for your tidy tip, Chone!

The second tip comes from my own kitchen. To keep eggs from breaking when you hard boil them, use one of these little gadgets. I found this one at a kitchen store. But the very first one I ever purchased came from Linens and Things.

From the picture, you can see that the packaging gives no clue as to what this thing is (there is no writing on the back either). So if you were to see one of these for the first time, you could only wonder what it is.

So, without further ado, I will tell you how this little $1.50 item works. Simply place the wide end of a raw egg on the top (white part) of this gizmo, push the egg down, and a needle in the center of the what-cha-ma-call-it pokes a tiny hole in the end of the egg. Steam escapes from the egg through the hole while it's cooking, preventing any pressure from building up inside, which prevents the egg from cracking or breaking. Since I started using this thing (about 8 years ago) , I have had nary a broken hard boiled egg. It really works!

Comments

Popular Posts