Wedding Bliss is Served

My daughter's wedding is now less than two weeks away. I started working on the potpourri cones (in the photo) months ago and just finished within that past few days. These will be hung on the backs of the chairs at the ceremony. The little tag says, "Throw me at the new Mr. & Mrs.". Since the wedding is outside, the guests will throw the potpourri at Mr. and Mrs. C. L. as they come back down the isle after they are pronounced man and wife.

These cones were completed in stages. In the spring I dried all the roses petals I could get my hands on. In my yard alone are 18 rose bushes, so there were more than enough petals without looking elsewhere.

Velum paper (8 1/2 x 11) was rolled and stapled and holes were punched for the ribbon. Since we were not sure about colors (lavender, some purple and creamy yellow), the ribbon was just added recently and the tags went on several days ago.

I have also been altering bridesmaids dresses, sewing myself a skirt and blouse to go with a jacket I purchased and still have to hem my husband's dress pants. Robert is actually performing the ceremony - marrying his own daughter. Oh, and then there is the ring bearer's pillow, the baskets for the flower girls and programs that will get done this week.

This does get somewhat overwhelming at times, but I ask the Lord for the strength to do the next thing and He gives it. It has been more fun than work. It seems this is the fate of those who are do-it-yourselfers. I grew up in a family of DIYers and am carrying on the tradition. It is also so much a matter of frugality.

But the most exciting part of my daughter's wedding is the meal that will be served. There are 14 people from the Bible study that my husband teaches who have volunteered to make and serve a sit-down meal for the wedding. This is such a display of God's goodness and love. It just amazes me! I am filled with gratitude. It is a labor of love that is precious to Lord and reminds me of the first miracle Jesus performed. He commanded the servants to fill the water pots with water and then turned the water into wine at a wedding in Cana. Christ still uses His servants, performing His wonders through them. His presence will be obvious and sweet at my daughter's wedding.

When all is said and done, I will be posting pictures of the wedding - the bride and groom, flower girls, ring bearer, bridesmaids, groomsmen and all 14 of those servants of the Lord.

And since today is Monday, you should know what is on the menu at the wedding: Chicken Parmesan, Pasta Prima Vera, Antipasto Salad and French rolls with butter (real butter). Wedding bliss is served!

Comments

Popular Posts