Tidy Tip Tuesday - Make a Batch Shortcut

Today's tip is, again, a no-brainer. It concerns one of the Healthy Hygiene recipes I have here on the blog - Club Soda Glass and Surface Cleaner. The recipe makes enough for a 16 ounce bottle (16 ounces). I used to mix up 16 ounces at a time as I needed it (often). Then I figured out that I could quadruple the recipe and just add the essential oil and dish washing liquid right into the bottle of club soda (see adjusted recipe below). The only trick is to let the club soda go flat before adding those two ingredients. Let it sit without a lid for several days, then make up the recipe.

To one two-liter bottle of flat club soda add:

3/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon more clear Dawn dish washing liquid
3/4 teaspoon your choice essential oils (I like rosemary and lavender, using half of the recipe amount of each, which would be 3/8 teaspoon of lavender and 3/8 teaspoon of rosemary)

Cap the soda and swirl bottle's liquid to combine. Easy!! Now when you need to refill your bottle you will not have to mix up a new batch so often. Just grab the two-liter bottle that is ready to use.
Photobucket

Comments

  1. What a great tip, Sharon! I've been using this cleaner ever since we made it at mother's club. I love how I don't have to worry about harmful ingredients as my children help me clean around the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon,
    I need to take the time to make these healthy recipes of yours. I do want to do this one. Do you have a recipe for spraying on flowers/shrubs/vegetables for insects?
    Love,
    Arlene

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts