Tidy Tip Tuesday - Easier Painting

It is now 2 weeks and 5 days till my daughter's wedding and I am jammin'. This is the first time I've coordinated a wedding for any of my children. My youngest daughter has way too much confidence in me.

Now that we're coming down to the wire, we're facing all the little faux pas that can cause a bit of panic. Then I remember that I have a God who wants me to depend upon Him for He knows the end from the beginning. He has resources that I know nothing of. So the tablecloths that came in the wrong size and the organza overlays that came in the wrong color, may have seemed like an obstacle for me, but they have proven to be an opportunity for God to provide a better resource.

However, today is Tuesday so how about some tidy painting tips? I have three that my dad taught me:

1. When you open a can of paint, before you pour any out, use a large nail and a hammer to put four or five holes in the rim of the can where the paint collects when you pour it out. Space the holes evenly. Then when you pour the paint, instead of it remaining in the rim, it will slowly drip back into the can where it belongs.

2. While you are waiting for the first coat of paint to dry, don't worry about cleaning your brush (or roller). Just put it into a baggie (not a zipper baggie, but the kind you put your produce in at the grocery store), making sure the brush is wrapped well with the plastic. Put the baggie with the brush in it into the freezer. This prevents the brush from drying out. Take it out of the freezer several hours before you need it for the next coat. The brush will be still be wet just like when you put it in the freezer - ready for the next coat.

3. After you paint a room and before you store your leftover paint away, pour a cup or so of the paint into a glass jar with a secure fitting lid. Label the jar per the room it was used for and store the jar on the upper shelf of the closet of that room. When you need to do a little touch-up, the paint will be easily accessed and you will not have to waste precious time looking for it in the garage.

Have a wonderful day!

Comments

  1. Dear Sharon,
    These are great ideas! My daddy was a professional painter for some time and I'd never heard about the holes! Can't wait to use that when painting for our next renters! You're ideas are so practical and useful.
    Not Going Gray, Just Painting Window Trim,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts