Menu Plan Monday







Some of you may remember when I used to post menus on Monday. Here's one for this upcoming week. Can't say how often I will post my dinner menu, just that I'll try. There are quite a few bloggers who do this and you can look at their menus by clicking on the "Menu Plan Monday" graphic above.

Also, if you want the actual recipes for this week's menu, you'll have to go to my recipe blog - Franziska's Pantry.

Now, here's a little additional info for you about weekly menu calenders:

Since I started using Vista for Windows so many of my old applications just do not work. One of those was a calender that was handy for planning my weekly menus. For the past several days I've been searching for something similar without the results I want.

You can see what my old calender menu looked like above. You can't really make out the menus, but they are listed in pink at the top of each day. There was room to write notes for each meal.

Well, the calender programs I have now will not let me include the entire menu on the page. The text gets cut off. It's an application that is meant to be used on the computer. You click on the text and it opens to the full explanation, etc.

However, in my quest I found an online calender program that I think I might really like. Click here to check it out. The basic calender is free which is just what I was looking for. It's easy to create and print. This is the first calender I printed for next week's menu:

During the week, I keep the menu posted on the frig and then move it to a binder with all my past menus when the week is over. As you can see, it has plenty of room for notes or a To-Do list for the day. And what I especially like is the larger font. It's easy to read. This is what I'll do now for my menu plan and notes.

Anyway, here is what we are eating this week for dinner:
Sunday: Beef Vegetable Soup, Spinach Salad (pecans, dried cranberries, red onion and Feta cheese) with Smokey Poppy Seed Dressing

Monday: Classic Chicken Divan, Brown Rice with Peas and Parsley, Steamed and Buttered Yellow Squash

Tuesday: Pinto Beans, Chili Rellenos, Jicama and Cilantro Slaw

Wednesday: Stuffed bell Peppers, fettuccine with Marinara Sauce (from cooked bell peppers), Mixed Green Salad with Easy Poppy Seed Dressing

Thursday: Greek Lamb Stew with Spinach and Artichokes, Fresh Fruit, Cool and Creamy Pea Salad

Friday: Country Style Pork Ribs, Winter Squash with Pecans and Blue Cheese, Classic Coleslaw

Saturday: Curried Chicken Salad, Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup, Fruit, Crusty Sprouted Bread: Curried Chicken Salad, Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup, Fruit, Crusty Sprouted Bread
You'll have to go to Franziska's Pantry for recipes. That's the blog that I keep them all on now. You will find the same Menu Plan Monday post with links to all the recipes.
Photobucket

Comments

Popular Posts