Tidy Tip Tuesday - Bread, Paper Towels and Cast Off Wash Cloths

Bread: When picking up broken glass, first put on rubber gloves, then grab a piece of bread (the heal is good since it doesn't always get eaten). Pick up the glass with the bread, using it like a paper towel. The glass should stick to the bread and since it is much thicker than a paper towel, it will be safer to use. After all visible glass is gone, throw away your gloves and the bread and vacuum the area (using the hose attachment). For once the heal won't go to waste!

Paper towels: We keep a compost bin so all of our fruit and vegetable scraps are saved to be made into rich food for our garden. When making a meal I lay out a paper towel on the counter and all of the fruit and veggie scraps go onto the paper towel. When the towel is loaded with food scraps, I transfer them into the covered compost bucket under the sink, minus the paper towel, which I use for the next round of scraps. It might last for three or four trips to the bucket. This saves dishes, the counter top and paper towels (by reusing the first one).

Cast Off Wash Cloths: I keep cast off wash cloths that are still too good for the rag pile, but not good enough for the bathroom, in the kitchen drawer with the tea towels. I use these to dry my hands with instead of paper towels. Since I am using them on clean hands, they are good for several days. They dry fast in between uses, I save on paper towels and they are small so they don't take up much room in the washer and dryer.

Send me your tips!
Photobucket

Comments

Popular Posts