Some of My Favorite Products

Anne commented...
I am making a "Cookbook" for myself of all your Healthy Home Hygiene Recipes and in doing so, realized that you haven't posted the recipe for hand soap or dish soap. I'd like to start using Dr. Bronner's but the directions are sooo... small (and a bit confusing) that I find myself going cross-eyed! I remember you mentioning that you use it, so could you give us some direction? Riding my cleaning closet of toxins...
Anne

Thank you once again, Anne, for your interest. And what a great idea to have all the Healthy Home Hygiene recipes in one notebook!

The reason I haven't given a recipe for hand soap or dish soap is because I don't make either one of them. As far as liquid dish washing soap is concerned, I really like ULTRA Concentrated DAWN Plus Bleach Alternative.

The bleach alternative is natural enzymes. The soap itself is biodegradable surfactants and is clear (without any coloring agents). I like this soap well enough that I've never considered developing a recipe of my own.

Though I believe that it is relatively safe, if anyone knows differently, I would sure appreciate a comment with your information.

As far as Dr. Bronner's is concerned, you can dilute the liquid soap - 1/3 water to 2/3 Dr. Bronner's. I keep this soap in pump bottles at the kitchen and bathroom sinks for hand washing.

In the shower we use Dr. Bronner's bar soap (as seen above). It lathers much better and seems to last longer, making it a more frugal choice.
Hope this has been helpful, Anne, etc.


Photobucket

Comments

Popular Posts