Menu Plan Monday

My Menu Plan for the Week Weak

This week I am not posting a menu plan because we are actually eating what I had planned for last week. This is due to the fact that my back began to give me grief last Monday (first time I've had back problems). My back is probably unhappy because the cartilage is gone in my right knee and I am now undergoing physical therapy for the same. And I'm fairly certain that the new leg brace I'm wearing is the other contributor. You know ..."the knee bone's connected to the back muscles..." sort of thing. I am scheduled to have knee replacement surgery, but there is a six month waiting list. In the meantime I am having loads of fun hobbling around with the brace (it covers most of my leg and squeaks when I walk), learning to exercise an already painful knee joint and discovering muscles in my back (unhappy they are) that I never knew existed.

The old gray mare, she ain't what she used to be; and I keep saying about getting older, "You have be to strong to get weak". (BTW, if you'd like to know about the traditional therapy I am using to help my condition, click here [strongly suggest you do so]. I am sure it will give you a lift also.)

However, I am learning to give thanks for these blessings of weakness. They are the Lord's sanctifying tools more than anything else. He is working on me and I understand exactly what He is doing. Though it is not always true that I am "in the know" so to speak, this time He has made it very evident to me. So in my weakness, I have been crying out to Him to strengthen me.

This is what the apostle Paul did in 2 Corinthians 12:7-10. He had some sort of physical weakness which the Lord would not remove and He told Paul, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is perfected in weakness." In response Paul said, "Therefore I am well content with weakness, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong."

So though it is true that in this game of getting older, one must be strong to get weak, it is more true that in order to be strong, one must first be weak. In that state, when we surrender to God's purposes, His empowering grace truly is sufficient for our needs.

Anyway, this week I am actually making most of last week's menus - that's my plan. Check back next week and there should be a post for the menus for the weak week.

Photobucket

Comments

Popular Posts