Tidy Tip Tuesday - Soap, Water, Work and Money Saving Shower Technique

This will be a brief but, hopefully helpful post. Since we are in Hawaii right now I am busy with vacation stuff and also visiting our son and his family (see post below for some photos). It rough!

Anyway, the tip I have for you today is something I have started doing just recently. You only have to remember two things when you shower to save soap, water and work (and time) and therefore money.

Step 1. Turn off the water when you lather up. I have found that by doing this, I do not need to lather my wash clothe more than once. It is as soapy by the time I reach my feet as it was when I washed my face because the shower spray is not rinsing the soap off the clothe inadvertently.

Step 2. When you do turn the shower back on, if it is the hand-held type, hold the sprayer so that as it rinses the soap off of you it flows straight down instead of at an angle. This way the water does not deposit the soap on the shower enclosure walls, so there will be far less soap scum to clean off. If your shower nozzle is not this type, angle it straight down as much as possible and stand under it to rinse off.

So, by doing these two things you will save water, soap and work thus saving money! You will buy less soap, your water bill will be reduced and you will save some money on shower cleaners. You will also save some time due to not having to scrub the shower as often.

By the way, when I do need to scrub my shower, I use the homemade soft scrub posted here on my blog. I put a little on a green scratchy scrubber and the soap scum melts away. And it is so pleasant to use.

Have a great day!!


Photobucket

Comments

Popular Posts