Tidy Tip Tuesday - Out of Sour Cream?


It's been a while since I posted a tidy tip, so I'm happy to be at it again now nearly three months after surgery. Thank you all for being so patient. I cannot guarantee that Tidy Tip Tuesday will be consistently ongoing as it was before, but, here's one for today anyway.

No need to run to the grocery store if you're out of sour cream. Here are a few substitutes that really work well:

1. In blender, combine 1 cup cottage cheese, 1 teaspoon of distilled white vinegar, plus 1/4 cup of whole cream top milk (ideally milk that is not homogenized as this process creates many allergy problems). Blend until creamy and smooth.

2.Or use plain whole milk yogurt as a substitute for sour cream, substituting the same amount of yogurt as needed for sour cream. If you are using the yogurt in a recipe that requires cooking , add 1 tablespoon of arrowroot powder or corn starch to prevent the yogurt from separating.

Photobucket

Comments

  1. That's a great tip Sharon! My problem today is that I have too much sour cream! I forgot that I had a full container in the fridge and bought another one! I also forgot that I'm not even eating sour cream right now because it makes my stomach upset! Do you have a Tidy Tip for forgetful, pregnant women? 31 weeks today, yea!
    Love,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often use plain yogurt instead of sour cream. I think my kids prefer the lighter, more mild flavor of the yogurt.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts