Healthy Hygiene for Your Home 2

Better, Cheaper, Safer Sofest 4-Way Scrub

Some things are almost too good to be true and "Softest 4-Way Scrub" is definitely one such thing. Since I started using it I cannot imagine going back to the chlorinated cleanser that I had used for most of my married life. This easy-to-make and inexpensive scrub smells so good and works better than anything else I've ever used. It shines the porcelain beautifully. It is perfectly safe also and rejuvenates you with its wonderful fragrance. Guaranteed you won't feel like the poor, tired cleaning lady in this post's illustration!

This scrub cleans 4 ways: the baking soda provides 1) grit power and 2) deodorizes; the essential oil in the laundry detergent 3) disinfects; and the detergent 4) cleans. Print the following recipe information and adhere to an appropriate-sized container so you and/or other family members will always know how to mix up more.

Better, Cheaper, Safer
SOFTEST 4-WAY SCRUB

2-cup food storage container
1 1/2 cups baking soda
1/2 cup environmentally safe liquid laundry detergent (i.e., Trader Joe’s Next to Godliness or Costco's Ecos)

To Make: Place 1/2 cup laundry detergent in storage container. Add 1/2 cup baking soda and stir to combine. Keep adding baking soda until mixture is the consistency of cake frosting. If needed, add a little water till right consistency is achieved. Keep container tightly closed. If mixture dries out, add in a little water and stir. To use: scoop out a little soft scrub onto a clean rag. Scrub sink and rinse. Use a clean dry cloth to shine sink. Other uses: use on any porcelain surface including toilet; removes tarnish from silver, cleans stainless steel sinks beautifully, removes water stains from faucets, removes various stains from crock wear and pots and pans.

Photobucket

Comments

  1. Hi Sharon,
    I just wanted to let you know how much I love your blog. I love your devotionals, the recipes for food and cleaning, all of it. I always look forward to seeing what you will post, and by the way tickle bone Tuesday - great idea! Recently I made a batch of the porcelain cleaner with baking soda and detergent. Oh my, does it smell good. Usually I try to hold my whole head away from what I'm cleaning so I can breathe the fresh air away from the fumes, Now I stick my face right in what I'm cleaning so I can smell it better. We have a stainless steel sink and I used it on that, and it took stains away that have been there for ever.... Keep at it. Every post is an encouragement, even if you don't get the feedback.
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sharon,
    Just wanted you to know I tried this scrub on the inside of my crock pot. It's white and it's been accumulating stains lately from baked on grease. No matter how much I used to scrub it, it just wouldn't come clean, so I always had this residue on the inside. Anyway, I tried the scrub on the inside and it came off like a dream. If I didn't know any better I'd call the crock pot new. Also, I tried it on my cook top. I have one burner on the stove that I use more than any of the others so it has all kinds of baked on grease around it. I turned on the burner for about 15 minutes to hopefully heat back up all the grease, then I tried the baking soda scrub, and wouldn't you know it took about 90% of the gunk off. It also shined up the burner itself.
    Thanks again.
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there,
    I am going to try this. It would be great if it works better than the smelly stuff.
    Having fun in Hawaii, I am sure.
    Love,
    Arlene

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts